The Watershed Institute
Watershed Outreach Specialist
• Provide administrative and policy support to the New Jersey Council of Watershed Associations, a collaboration of more than 20 local watershed organizations in the state.
• Provide one-on-one technical assistance relating to various environmental and local governance issues.
• Organize and execute an annual workshop series designed to cultivate effective, inclusive and representative civic leadership on watershed-related issues.
• Manage a small grant program that supports watershed associations and conservation organizations in New Jersey.
• Help manage The Watershed Institute’s web resources, social media, and other outreach tools.
• Coordinate the annual NJ Watershed Conference.
• Assist with efforts of the Policy Department to advocate for clean water protections and other organizational priorities, initiatives, and events as needed.
• Work to advance diversity, equity, and inclusion in the watershed community by elevating and supporting a diverse contingent of emerging civic leaders.
The Watershed Institute
Delaware River Advocate
The Watershed Institute is hiring a Delaware River Advocate to help the organization build awareness and support for protecting the Delaware River and its tributaries and to help us reach and engage underrepresented communities in the greater-Trenton region. This is a two-year position, with the possibility of extension. The Watershed Institute is committed to building a culturally diverse organization and strongly encourages applications from people of color, particularly residents of Trenton and neighboring communities.
Position Summary: The Delaware River Advocate will help The Watershed Institute teach area residents about the Delaware River, threats to its environmental health, and programs that can help protect and restore the river. This multi-disciplinary position will work in The Watershed Institute’s Policy Department under the direction of the organization’s Policy Director and will also work closely with the organization’s education and science teams to promote related programs in the Delaware River Watershed. Previous experience or education in environmental policy and/or science is required, and experience or willingness to learn how to paddle a canoe is preferred. Excellent written and verbal communications skills, great attention to detail, and the ability to engage diverse stakeholders in a professional and warm manner are essential to success in this position.
Sustainability Program Manager, Water and Climate
As part of the AmerisourceBergen Corporate Citizenship team, the Sustainability Specialist supports the corporate vision and strategy to make AmerisourceBergen Corporation a more sustainable enterprise.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contribute to development of company’s overall Corporate Citizenship strategy, helping to manage environmental and social risks and identify opportunities.
- Manage and track sustainability and greenhouse gas emissions data for AmerisourceBergen facilities in company dashboard.
- Manage relationship with third party energy consultants, including coordinating energy supply contracts, enterprise-wide usage data and energy efficiency rebates.
- Track and share best practices across distribution network related to energy, water, and waste in our operations in partnership with Maintenance and Engineering teams.
- Track and support packaging reduction and innovations.
- Work with company stakeholders and external partners to advance sustainability efforts and AmerisourceBergen across operations and the supply chain; act as a consultant to Operations to provide expertise on Sustainability best practices, projects and initiatives.
- Coordinate and collate ESG ranking and ratings including CDP, DJSI, Ecovadis, ISS, MSCI as well as responses to customer questions and proposals.
- Benchmark best management practices in corporate reporting.
- Support data collection process for creation of annual Corporate Citizenship Report.
- Support associate engagement opportunities as needed, including leading enterprise wide Earth Month activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Preferred training in Sustainability, Corporate Responsibility or related field through a four-year bachelor’s degree program, advanced degree a plus; requires 2 to 4 years experience. Experience in a corporate working environment.
1. Ability to facilitate a positive work environment.
2. Good presentation skills; effective at both oral and written communication.
3. Strong analytical skills and problem-solving ability.
4. Strong communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with various parties of different subject areas.
5. Demonstrated ability to follow a project plan.
6. Strong proficiency with MS Office suite of products.
7. Strong aptitude to create, edit and manage complex data files.
8. Strong aptitude with technology tools and application
About AmerisourceBergenAmerisourceBergen is a publicly traded Fortune 10 global healthcare solutions company and is one of the world’s largest pharmaceutical services companies. Powered by our associates around the world, we provide pharmaceutical products and business solutions that improve access to care. We operate the backbone of the healthcare supply chain. We drive the future of local care delivery. We guide medical innovations to market. We create healthier futures.
Fellows Job Listings
Every year, the Alliance for Watershed Education of the Delaware River hosts a 12-week Fellowship at each of the 23 Centers in the Alliance. Click on the links on the left to learn more about each Alliance Center, and the link on the right for Centers’ Fellows positions and application process. To learn more about previous cohorts of Fellows,click here; to see where each Center is located within the Watershed, click here. Feel free to share these links with someone you may know who would be eligible for the opportunity! More Information